Brenda’s experience encompasses working with leading national and international companies as well as government organisations to identify and achieve their future business needs. She achieves this by facilitating, developing and implementing strategies to build and strengthen their human, systems and relationship capabilities and financial and intellectual capital through cultural and organisational change and relationship development.
Brenda’s role as coach to the Board and Change Leader at major infrastructure projects saw the implementation of breakthrough and critical decision-making processes facilitating the team to reach critical milestones. Along with structured leadership coaching contributing to the successful and timely delivery of the projects, Brenda has been instrumental in ensuring workshops and meetings were outcome focused and action oriented.
The diversity of Brenda’s assignments range from providing advice and recommendations on community initiatives as member of advisory councils to the Ministers for Business and Women; assessing the reason for global fragmentation and providing recommendations to the United Nations and being invited to speak internationally on the necessity of leadership development being commenced at the foundation level of all working environments. The projects that Brenda has provided these services to within the past five years include;
- New Parallel Runway – Brisbane Airport Corporation
- APL&G Upstream Stage 1 GPF’s (Laing O’Rourke, Origin) Brisbane
- GAP50 (QRN)
- Sunshine Coast Airport – Mudjimba
- Synergy Alliance (QRN, Ansaldo, UGL Rail) – Gladstone , Mackay
- Future Grid (UGL, Western Power) - Perth
- Pacific Motorway Upgrade (Bielby, Hull, Albem JV, Transport Main Roads) – Logan
- Mt St Johns Waste Water Upgrade (Baulderstone, Aecom, Townsville City Council) – Townsville
- Metro Communications Team (Transport Main Roads) - Brisbane
- Coalstream Alliance (QRN, Macmahon, MVM Rail, Aurecon, Parsons Brinckerhoff) – Bowen
- Wyaralong Dam Alliance – (QWI, Macmahon, Wagners, SMEC, Hydro Tas) – Beaudesert
- Gibson Island Alliance (Baulderstone, MWH, Worley Parsons, United Electrical)- Brisbane.
Some of the services that Brenda provides in the Project Facilitator role include:
- Conducting Safety surveys; aligning leadership development with safety targets, coaching the leaders and trend the changes
- Conducting program analysis workshops and identifying opportunities for the program to be expedited
- Identifying lessons learned through project progress and strategising the implementation
- Mediating conflicts, and disputes to minimise adverse program and project impact.
Some of the services that Brenda provides in the Relationship Facilitator role include:
- Developing and agreeing on the Alliance Charter and roll out throughout the alliance
- Facilitating and setting Alliance Objectives
- Monitoring team practices and implement strategies that build relations and facilitate high performance at both individual and team level
- Providing personalised coaching and support to assist in problem solving, designing and implementing actionable solutions, building stress resilience and developing staff
- Meeting observation and feedback - Observing and providing feedback to participants during project meetings to improve collaboration, innovation, problem solving, decision making and conflict management
- Identify key accountabilities and critical role interfaces and facilitate development of a plan for the required level of communication and collaboration
- Train key leaders to independently conduct Alliancing behaviours sessions with staff, including as a component of project staff induction and integration
- Team diagnostic for established teams identifying barriers to high performance team targets; recommending and implementing solutions.